We realize that finding time to eat lunch between classes can sometimes be difficult. To address this challenge, we offer the following options for dining outside the cafeteria:
Pre-ordered sack lunches
Sign up in the Dining Services Office. We make lunches on an as-need basis, or you can set up a standing order if there are regular days of the week on which you always need a sack lunch. Your lunch can be picked up in the kitchen.
Picnics and Group Carry-Out
Picnics for a group of friends
Inform the Dining Services Office one week in advance and provide a list of names and ID numbers 48 hours in advance.
The Dining Services Office will consider exceptions and accommodate students who are ill or have other special needs. Contact x1030 for assistance.
Group carry-out meals
We exchange food costs when a student who has a board plan is involved in a group carry-out. The type of meal plan a student has also determines if they are eligible for a food cost for that particular meal.
- When you have a carry-out need, your list of requested items must be submitted seven working days in advance of your event with an estimate on quantities and the meals that will be missed. A list of eligible food items can be viewed in the dining services Office.
- Your department account number (Datatel 15-digit) must also be given to us.
- You may place your order in the office or call x1030 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or by emailing email@example.com. If you want us to fill your carryout up to the value of food cost your list of participants and their ID #s must also be given with your request.
- Final quantities and a list of the students (must include full first and last name and ID #) are due at least 48 hours (weekends and holidays are not included) prior to pick up. Please consider office hours when planning your timeframe (i.e., we would need final information by Friday noon for a Tuesday carry-out; by Tuesday for a Thursday carry-out).
- The names you give us will be blocked out in the cafeteria system so the list must be accurate and complete. If there is a question or dispute, the event coordinator may be billed for excessive food prepared or wasted. If someone has been blocked and they eat in the cafeteria during the missed meal, your department will be billed for it.
- A carry-out for the last meal served before a break is limited to one sack lunch per individual only.