This student card is for identification and for conducting transactions of Luther College business.
- Scan to eat in the Cafeteria
- Scan to make purchases in Marty's, C-Store, Sunnyside Cafe, Oneota Market, and Nordic Brew
- Scan to use Dining Dollars and/or NordiCash
- Check out books and other items at Preus Library
- Get into home athletic events
- Check out equipment in the residence halls
- Use computer labs on campus
- Gain free admission to the Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum
Responsibilities of the Student Card
The card you use is the property of Luther College and must be returned if requested.
- No one but the owner of the card is allowed to use it. If a student is caught using someone else's card disciplinary action will result.
- As a student you are required to have your ID with you at all times and be able to present it when asked.
- Your card is intended to last for the duration of your stay at Luther.
- If your card is lost or stolen it is your responsibility to report it to the Dining Services Office at (563) 387-1030 immediately, otherwise you may be held responsible for any transactions that occur.
- There is a $25 fee for replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged ID card.
- Maintaining the card is your responsibility. More durable holders are sold in the Luther Book Shop.
- If you forget to bring your card to campus, a temporary card is available in the Dining Services Office. Students are allowed to have two temporary cards per semester free of charge. After the second card, a fee of $10 will be assessed for each additional card.
Luther College Faculty/Staff Identification Cards
Cards are issued to employees, their spouses, and dependents (as requested) at the onset of employment through the Dining Services Office. To maintain your cards' performance level, we ask you to carry it in a safe, protective holder.
Charging privileges at most cash locations on campus are available with your Luther ID when you submit a completed Identification Card Request form. This form is given to you through the Human Resources Office when you begin employment. It may be revised at any time. Additional forms are also available in the Dining Services Office.
Each cardholder is responsible for immediately reporting a lost or stolen card. Reports must be made in person at the Dining Services Office or by calling (563) 387-1030 during normal business hours. Your account will be immediately deactivated for your protection.
Charging privileges on your child's (or children's) ID card(s) are also available. To prevent misuse, your minor child is required to have a picture taken for their ID. This can be done in the Dining Services Office.
Locations on campus honoring the card include:
- Luther Book Shop (Purchases—cash or charge—are discounted 10 percent for faculty and staff.)
- Sunnyside Cafe
- Peace Dining Room
- Oneota Market
- CFL Box Office
- Marty's C-Store
- Nordic Brew
- Dahl Centennial Union Cafeteria
The library allows faculty and staff to check out books and other materials using the barcode on the front of the ID. All Luther staff are welcome to use library materials and services.
The athletic department honors your ID card(s) as a pass to all college-sponsored home athletic events. They also serve as a pass to the Regents Center during open hours. This allows the cardholder to use the following facilities:
- weight room
- racquetball courts
- indoor track and tennis courts
- basketball courts
- outdoor tennis courts and track
Those under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult in the athletic facilities. We ask that Luther faculty and staff ID cardholders be aware that our health and physical education classes and athletic practices and events take precedence over the recreational use of a facility. Practice times normally run 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum offers Luther faculty and staff free admission when IDs are presented.
Should you have questions or concerns about your card(s), we are here to help. The Dining Services Office is located in the Dahl Centennial Union outside the cafeteria exit. We are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday during the academic year. Summer hours are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.. You may reach us at (563) 387-1030 or email@example.com.