Dear Friends and Classmates from Luther College Class of 1992,
Remember 1992? The Mall of America opened in Bloomington, Minnesota …
“Sister Act” was playing in movie theaters …
“Married With Children” was on TV (rather than being our lives) …
And we graduated from Luther College!
It’s twenty years later, and we’re hoping you’re ready to re-live some great memories and create some new ones at our 20-year class reunion at homecoming in Decorah this fall. There’s a ton of great new things to see on campus and in the Decorah community. And you’ll have the chance to re-connect and celebrate with all your Luther friends.
Our class event is Saturday evening, Oct. 6, at 6:30 p.m., at the Steyer Opera House in the Hotel Winneshiek in downtown Decorah. Those of you in Bob Larson’s theatre program likely saw the opera house when the floor was caving in and pigeons lived in the rafters. It’s been beautifully refurbished as a hotel and conference facility and stands ready to serve us delicious, hearty hors d’oeuvres at 7 p.m. I met with a number of friends from the class of ’91 following their reunion last year. They said the venue, food, refreshments, and opportunity to catch up with old friends made the evening special.
Here are a few reunion tips and resources:
- Be sure to check out our video invitation on Facebook or on our reunion web page at http://lutherclassof1992.blogspot.com/. Be sure to share it with your friends!
- Cost per person for our reunion is $15, which you pay when you make your reservations in advance (available online at http://www.luther.edu/homecoming or with the enclosed reservation form).
- If you can make it to Decorah by Friday evening, I encourage you to attend the Alumni Dinner; reservations are required and can be made online. Classmates, Marjorie Opuni-Akuamoa and Jenni Weuve will be presented with Distinguished Service Awards following the Alumni Dinner at 7:30 p.m. in the Center for Faith and Life.
- Also, please plan to gather informally with your classmates on Friday evening at Club Pyramid. For those of you who haven’t kept up on the Decorah club scene since graduating in ’92, Club Pyramid is located in the old Jack & Jill grocery building on College Drive near Roscoe’s (The Pub). Club Pyramid features a full bar, limited menu, and live music.
- On Saturday, October 6th at 5:00 p.m. in the Noble Recital Hall, Jill (Freed) Japenga, will be inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame.
- If you have lost touch with some of our classmates, use the online directory found at www.alumni.luther.edu/directory. If you don’t have a user name and password, an account can be created for you by contacting the Luther Technology Help Desk at (563) 387-1000.
Mark your calendars and make your travel arrangements for the weekend of October 5-7, 2012. A complete schedule of events and housing information can be found at www.luther.edu/homecoming. The weekend is sure to be fun for everyone!