Dear Luther College Class of 1953,
Sixty-five years ago, come early June, we marched across campus into Preus Gymnasium to receive Luther diplomas. “New” Main had been dedicated at the beginning of that academic year; its designation has long since been reduced to Main. The campus was modest, but it was ours. It was a launch pad into the lives we have now largely lived, we, the children of the Great Depression and World War II.