Why study Chinese?
Here are at least eight good reasons why you should study Chinese:
- Chinese is the most spoken language in the world.
- It is a language of a very dynamic and interesting country.
- It has an addictive writing system (easy things are boring).
- Although it has the reputation of being very difficult, many parts of the language are very simple: no verb conjugations; no noun declensions, no gender or case endings.
- There is a huge diaspora to talk to.
- Chinese culture is over 5000 years old.
- You can visit and travel in a country where you cannot expect everyone to speak English.
- It is a tonal language.