Requirements for the Degree
To qualify for the bachelor of arts degree, students must complete 128 semester hours of credit with a cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 (C) or higher. The 128 hours must include the following:
- 30 fall/spring full courses or their equivalents. A full course is equivalent to 4 credit hours; other courses offered are equivalent to 2 credit hours or 1 credit hour.
- 2 January terms. These 2 month-long terms must include a first-year seminar, and one of the following types of experiences: study away, directed readings, student-initiated project.
- At least 20 course equivalents outside the student's major discipline. (Refer to specific majors for variances to this policy).
- 64 credit hours completed in residence.
- All-college requirements, as articulated below: