Special Needs Services
Adult daycare service
- Address: 105 Rural Avenue, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 382-8401
- Contact Person: N/A
- Email: nshimek@the spectrumnetwork.org
- Website: www.thespectrumnetwork.org
Volunteers needed to assist individuals with activities, offer companionship, and assist staff.
Great Strides: Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program
Nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide the therapeutic benefits of horseback riding to individuals with disabilities in Decorah and surrounding communities.
- Address: PO Box 23, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 419-1621
- Contact Person: Eunice Veeder
- Website: www.greatstridesofneiowa.org
Volunteers needed to assist individuals in riding from the ground (no horse experience necessary), lead horses (experience necessary), and do program work. Three six-week sessions run May-October, Weds. 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., and/or 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Opportunity Homes, Inc.
An agency which provides services to people who experience disabilities. This particular program, HCBS (Home and Community Based Service) is implemented within individuals' homes to educate them on social, vocation, and hygiene skills to increase independence.
- Address: 710 Maiden Lane, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 382-8140
- Contact Person: Lori Herold
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.opportunityhomes.org
Volunteers needed to go on outings and be a friend to an individual. Activities could include things like bowling, swimming, basketball, movies, or going to church.