Aase Haugen Nursing Home
Provides quality care and programming to elders.
- Address: Box 510 - or - 4 Ohio Street, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 382-3603
- Contact Person: Sara Nottestad
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.aasehaugen.com
Volunteers needed in any capacity, any day and any time.
Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home
A quality live-in care facility for over 40 elderly residents.
- Address: 911 Ridgewood Drive, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 382-8787
- Contact Person: Mae Schmitt, Activities Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.barthelloeshom.com
Volunteers needed to enhance the quality of life for residents through a variety of activities and stimuli, three to six hours a week, any day.
Decorah Community Free Clinic
Free medical clinic that provides access to quality medical services for individuals not otherwise able to obtain these services - primarily uninsured or underinsured persons.
- Address: First Lutheran Church, 604 W. Broadway, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 419- 0962
- Contact Person: Jenine Jordahl
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.firstlutherandecorah.org
Volunteers needed to assist in running the clinic. Thursdays 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., once a month.
Great Strides: Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program
Nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide the therapeutic benefits of horseback riding to individuals with disabilities in Decorah and surrounding communities.
- Address: PO Box 23, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 382-3865
- Contact Person: Eunice Veeder
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.greatstridesofneiowa.org
Volunteers needed to assist individuals in riding from the ground (no horse experience necessary), lead horses (experience necessary), and do program work. Three six-week sessions run May-October, Weds. 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., and/or 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Winneshiek Medical Center
- Address: 901 Montgomery, Decorah, IA 52101
- Telephone: (563) 387-3036
- Contact Person: Beth Holthaus
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.winmedical.org
Volunteers needed to do mailings and clerical work, greet visitors, work at the gift shop, and more. Any day, hours flexible.