Attending Graduate School
If pursuing a graduate or professional degree after graduating from Luther, the Career Center strongly encourages you to have a discussion with your academic advisor, a major professor, and/or a counselor in the Career Center. The process of selecting a degree program, researching possible institutions, and navigating the application process can be complicated. Whether you hope to continue your education in the U.S. or abroad, you'll find a number of valuable resources below to help you navigate the process.
Resources on Campus
- Luther's Graduate School Resources We have assembled a broad range of resources under the "Graduate School" section of our web site. In addition to the resources below, we strongly encourage all students to visit this site as well.
- Brain Track has guides for finding schools, such as by religion, and articles on topics such as financial aid, accreditation, transfers, and international studies in the US. They link to over 10,000 university and college sites throughout the world.
- Studytimes.com link to information on studying in the United States provides comprehensive information about education in the U.S.
- International Student.com is an online portal for those looking to continue their education overseas. Financial information, study centers, internship programs, student immigration, health insurance, blogs, and more!
- Peterson's Graduate Planner: International Student Edition - Get the advice and information you need to plan your education in the U.S. Sections include Get Started, Find a School, Prepare for Tests, and Pay for School.
- U.S. Medical School Data for International Students - This PDF provides a detailed breakdown of the number of applications that U.S. medical schools received from international student applicants, as well as the number that they accept. Not all U.S., medical schools will accept applications from international students.
- International Education Financial Aid This site has information on financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for U.S. and international students wishing to study abroad.