Service Learning Resources
We are pleased that you have chosen to review the availability of resources that could enhance your understanding of service-learning, as well as your effectiveness in using this pedagogy.
Perhaps the most important thing to remember is that service-learning is not simply adding some service to your classroom; rather it should be viewed as a well-crafted teaching strategy that directly helps you meet your course learning objectives.
We are happy to directly provide some of the resources, either as available in the Student Life Office or Preus Library. It may be helpful to think of the resources in the following categories:
- Resources that validate the multiple ways in which service-learning enhances student learning;
- Resources that provide examples of service-learning in virtually every curricular area; and
- Resources that address specific implementation strategies that ensure the best learning experience.
Please feel free to contact us if you could use assistance in:
- Identifying specific resources that would be helpful to you;
- Consultation, or direct assistance, with classroom implementation strategies; or
- Identifying potential service sites.