Externship Program - Host Information and Registration
The 2013 Alumni Externship Program will take place during Fall Break, October 21-23. The Program is designed to connect Luther students in their sophomore, junior or senior year with alumni working in career fields and professions of interest to them.
Students will be matched with an alumnus for 1 to 3 days of shadowing, observing, attending meetings, learning, touring, and information interviewing. Students are responsible for all expenses related to their externship experience. The following information should help address other questions you have. As always, if you have questions, please call the Career Center at 563-387-1025.
Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled Luther College sophomore, junior and senior students are eligible.
Host dates and deadlines
- Alumni Externship will take place during Fall Break 2013 (October 21-23)
- Host Registration Deadline: Friday, September 6, 2013
- Student Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 18, 2013
- Every effort will be made to notify Host/student matches by Thursday, September 26, 2013
- Alumni Externship Host registration form can be found here.
- Establish and maintain contact with student once "match" has been determined
- Collaboratively develop goals for the experience with student
- Discuss items the student should prepare for in advance
- Provide information on the appropriate attire for the work place and the logistics (day and time, location and directions) for the visit
- Establish and maintain contact with host once placement has been determined
- Collaboratively develop goals for the experience with alumni host
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner for the duration of the experience
- Participate in pre- and post-externship group activity
- Pay for travel expenses to and from the externship site
- Be prepared to pay for meals, lodging, and other expenses during the experience
AEP FAQs (171 KB PDF Document)
Alumni Externship Program Frequently Asked Questions