Land Stewardship Photo Contest
THE WINNING PHOTO FROM THE FALL 2012 CONTEST IS ABOVE.
"Fog over Lindeman Pond" was taken by Haylee Elvendahl, a senior biology major.
OUR NEXT PHOTO CONTEST WILL BE THE FALL OF 2013!
Do you enjoy taking photos? Have you taken photos on Luther's natural areas? Select your best natural areas photos and submit them to the Land Stewardship Photo Contest! Winning photographs will be displayed online and in Chips, Luther's student newspaper.
1) In the body of your email, you must include the following information:
- PHOTOGRAPHER’S INFORMATION
- Your Full Name
- Luther email address
- Year in school
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH
- Title for your photograph
- Location where the photograph was taken. Don’t know the name of the location? See the natural areas map on the biology web page (Biology Department website > Facilities > Natural Areas)
2) Image format and attachment to email
- You may include up to three images in an email (no more than three photo entries per student).
- Photos should be saved in common image format (e.g., .jpg or .tif)
- Rename your images in the following format before attaching to the email:
- First and last initials_# of your submission (1, 2, or 3)_ShortTitle.jpg
3) Email all of the information and photos to the following address:
Questions regarding the photo contest can be directed to:
4) By submitting the photos, you agree that:
- Photographs were taken by the student submitting them.
- Photographs were taken in a location on Luther College’s natural areas or campus
- Photographs may be used by Luther College to showcase and promote the natural areas
- Photographs should not have been excessively altered using photo software (minor alterations are acceptable, as long as they maintain the essence of the original image)