Athletic Participation Guidelines
The following guidelines have been developed for students who are admitted to the ATEP and choose to participate in intercollegiate athletics at Luther College.
- Students will not be judged for admission or denial from the ATEP based on their intentions to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- Admitted students shall limit their participation to one intercollegiate team.
- Student participation in one intercollegiate sport shall be limited to the traditional season only. The athletic training student will not be permitted to participate in any workouts during the non-traditional season that conflict with his/her athletic training responsibilities.
- Athletic training students who choose to participate in intercollegiate athletics, like all students, must fulfill all didactic and clinical requirements before graduating. All students should meet with the program director to establish a plan to graduate on time.
- All students must have an equipment intensive field experience. Football is currently the only equipment intensive sport offered at Luther College. Fall sport athletes will be required to work around their athletic schedules to ensure they fulfill their equipment intensive experience.