Loyalty Hall, built in 1916, was named to commemorate the loyalty of the students who raised the funds necessary to build the dining hall. Since 1896 students had been in charge of providing meals for their fellow classmates through the Luther College Boarding Club. The elections for positions such as manager, buyer, and treasurer were hotly contested amongst students often including debates on the selection and preparation of food. In 1931 Luther College resumed control of the boarding functions. In 2003-2004 the building was renovated for its current use which includes administrative offices. The building now houses the Alumni and Advancement Offices as well as facilities and classrooms.