Luther College Moment in History #66

Under Sigvart J. Steen (class of 1923), a mixed chorus was established and called the Nordic Cathedral Choir, later known as the Luther College Choir and eventually, the Nordic Choir of Luther College. In 1946, the choir went on its first tour and two years later in 1948, fell under the direction of Weston Noble. This photograph is from the 1946 tour and shows from left to right: Esther Anderson (Brooklyn, NY), Harold (Harry) Ziemann (LaCrosse, WI), Mona May Goulson (Montevideo, MN).

Further information can be found in the article "A Cappella Choirs in the Scandinavian-American Lutheran Colleges" by Paul Benson (Volume 32: Page 221) on the Norwegian-American Historical Association's online website, available here:http://www.naha.stolaf.edu/pubs/nas/volume32/vol32_12.htm