The first Luther College gymnasium was built in 1886. Located near the current site of the Dahl Centennial Union, the building measured 42 by 75 feet. The lead fund-raiser for the building was a student, Carlo Sperati, who would later return to teach at the college and direct the concert band for 40 years.
Luther College Archives pages maintained by Rachel Vagts
This page was last updated on 19 December 2013