The Jenson Hall of Music was opened on September 18, 1982 and formally dedicated during Homecoming of that same year. Koren Hall, Norby House, and the Korsrud Heating Plant had all functioned as the Luther College music facilities prior to the construction of Jenson.
In planning the Jenson Hall of Music, the architects decided to use the same red brick facade of the neighboring buildings. The interior was designed in a Norwegian motif with an expansive corridor running the entire length of the main floor which was to recall the old wharves of Bergen, Norway, the home of composer Edvard Grieg and Norway's "city of music."
The Jenson Hall of Music was originally named after the Jenson family whose contributions helped to make the construction possible. In 2002 the Jenson Hall of Music underwent a renovation to improve faculty offices and to add a 235 seat recital hall named after Weston Noble who had served on the Luther College Music Faculty from 1948 to his retirement in 2005 after 57 years of dedication to the college. In honor of this new hall, the building was renamed the Jenson Noble Hall of Music.