The first issue of Chips, Luther College's student newspaper, was printed on January 1, 1884. Interest in a student-run press began at Luther in 1878, but this was met with opposition from the administration because it would be published in English, when traditionally everything at Luther was printed in Norwegian. As a compromise, the administration allowed Chips to be published both in English and in Norwegian. In 1884, Chips was published every two weeks and in 1887, once a month. It has experienced intense opposition from the school and from the church as frivoity that detracted from the students' concentration on their studies. Despite this opposition, it persisted and is still a weekly publication at Luther during the Fall and Spring semesters today. To search and/or browse all issues of Chips and the faculty newsletter Agora, visit http://bit.ly/mNwkge.