Luther College Fly-In Reimbursement Program
We are so confident students will be impressed by the Luther campus and community that we will help pay to get them here!
High school seniors who have applied for admission to Luther College are eligible for a one-time reimbursement of up to $300 toward the cost of a plane ticket.
The fly-in reimbursement program begins October 1, 2013. Luther will reimburse the student for half the ticket cost, up to $150, following the campus visit. The airline ticket receipt must be presented to the Admissions Office at the time of the campus visit to receive the reimbursement. If the student enrolls at Luther, he or she will receive a check for the remaining half of the ticket cost, up to $150.
Brent flies in from Denver, Colorado. The cost of his ticket was $220. Brent will be mailed a $110 check shortly after his visit. His time on campus was amazing and Brent knows he wants to be a Norse. At Registration, Orientation and Advising Day (ROAD), Brent is reimbursed the additional $110.
Mackenzie flies in from San Antonio, Texas. The cost of her ticket is $400. Mackenzie will be mailed a $150 check shortly after her visit. Mackenzie felt at home on campus and she decides Luther is the right college for her. At ROAD, Mackenzie is reimbursed the additional $150.
- Flight reimbursements will be made throughout the year for both individual visits and group visit events. Airport transportation will be offered for two visit events each year, as detailed at the bottom of this page.
- Each individual student is only able to receive one flight reimbursement from Luther College throughout his/her entire college search process.
- The program is only available to high school seniors.
- Our neighbors in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and other Iowa cities (or "locations") are not eligible for the fly-in program.
- We really like parents, but their tickets are not eligible for reimbursement.
- If the student uses frequent flier miles, a flight itinerary showing the number of miles used should be presented to the Admissions Office. Luther College will reimburse $200 for tickets that redeemed 20,000 miles ($100 following the visit and $100 upon enrolling); $250 for 25,000 miles ($125 following the visit and $125 upon enrolling); and $300 for tickets that redeemed 30,000 or more miles ($150 following the visit at $150 upon enrolling).
For those flying in, we recommend using the following airports and renting a car:
- Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (Minnesota) - Driving time to campus is approximately 2 ½ hours
- Rochester International Airport (Minnesota) - Driving time is approximately 1 ½ hours.
- La Crosse Municipal Airport (Wisconsin) - Driving time is approximately 1 hour.
- Eastern Iowa Regional Airport (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) - Driving time is approximately 2 hours.
Visit Events with Fly-in Shuttle Service
Luther College also offers airport pick-ups in Minneapolis for two visit events each year, including one in the fall (November 11, 2013) and one in the spring (March 10, 2014). For any questions about the fly-in reimbursement program, contact the Admissions Office at 800-458-8437, ext.1289, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional resources for your campus visit: