Admissions Process for Transfer Students
To complete an application for admission, students who transfer from other colleges are required to submit the following information:
- Luther College Application for Admission - required only for students who have not applied to Luther College within the past two years. Download a paper copy of the application.
- Application Supplement - required for all transfer students. You may also fill out the paper version of the Transfer Application Supplement.
- Educator's reference form
- Final official high school or college transcript
- ACT/SAT scores (if taken)
- College transcript(s)
- Athletic release form
- For students intending to transfer from another NCAA Division III institution, you will want to complete and sign a self-release, and send it to the director of athletics at the institution where you wish to discuss a possible transfer.
- For student-athletes not currently at an NCAA Division III institution, you should contact your current school's athletic director or compliance officer, or you may contact Luther College's compliance officer, Renae Hartl, at 563-387-1244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Music release form
- GED final record
- Official AP or IB score reports for subject area scores of 4 or higher
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if applying for need-based aid
Applications for admission are kept on file for two years. If you have applied within that time, there is no need to fill out a new application. Rather, the Application Supplement is required to reopen your admissions file.
Each applicant is considered on an individual basis when the application is complete. Students eligible for academic scholarships are notified at the time of admission. Eligibility is determined by academic performance in college, or by high school GPA and scores on the ACT or SAT examinations (eligibility criteria is determined by the number of college credits completed).