Information for Transfer Students Interested in Nursing
Information and application process for students wishing to transfer into the Luther nursing program from outside institutions:
Admission to the Luther nursing program is limited based on faculty/ student ratios determined by the department, clinical resources, and accreditation and Iowa Board of Nursing standards. Priority is given to currently enrolled Luther students. Transfer students are admitted to the program on a space available basis*. Decisions affecting admission to the nursing major will be made at the end of spring semester with notification to students beginning June 1.
Minimum criteria for admission to the nursing major include:
- Admission to Luther College
- A minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75
- A minimum grade of C in all college courses required for the nursing major
- Satisfactory Completion of prerequisite requirements**
- Biology 115- Human Anatomy
- Biology 116- Introduction to Human Physiology
- Chemistry 141- Essentials of Chemistry
- Psychology 130- General Psychology
- English- one semester
- History- one semester
*Admission to Luther College and obtaining or exceeding minimum criteria does not guarantee admission to the nursing program.
**Course equivalencies from other institutions are determined by the Luther College Registrar and Nursing Department.