We just have to get through this week, and then it's finally SPRING BREAK! :) Plus, the weather seems to be getting a little warmer! Yay!
I don't know about y'all, but both of those things tend to make it a bit more difficult for me to find the desire to study. It still has to get done, though! This week, I'm going to let you in on my favorite spots to get some studying done—even when it's beautiful outside.
- Preus Library: My favorite spot is on the ground floor, at the table that is right next to the vending machines! Last semester, it seemed like I lived in this spot—and this semester hasn't been too different. I've definitely spent many hours a day there, usually doing my reading assignments.
- The Union: If I need to grab a bite to eat, sometimes I sit at a table in Oneota and try and get some studying done. However, during the weekdays, it's a bit too crowded/loud for me to concentrate. My favorite spot in the Union though, would be the long counter right across from the C-Store and Nordic Brew. Usually it's only a bit loud during the transition between classes, as people grab food or coffee. Other than that, there's usually only a bit of ambient noise—which is the perfect study environment for me. I usually work on my math or Norwegian there, but sometimes I get a little reading done.
- The Center for the Arts: There's one table right next to the pottery studio that I like to sit at and study. Sometimes, I also sit there and write this blog. A delicious crepe or cinnamon roll from Sunnyside is also only a stone's throw away. The perfect breakfast/snack for studying! :)
- Koren: I have two favorite spots in Koren. Going up to work at a table on the third floor tends to result in a bit more productivity for me, personally. Plus, it's a great workout to walk up all the stairs, haha! ;) I also like to sit at a table beside a big window on the first floor, a bit hidden under the stairs. It has a lot of natural light, especially in the mornings—which is great. However, I do sometimes get distracted by looking out the window... There's usually at least a couple deer sitting outside by one of the bushes!
- Bentdahl Commons: I love to sit on the stones there when the weather is nice! It's the perfect spot to get some work done on my laptop.
Happy spring! :) We're already about halfway through the semester, which is crazy! It seems like it's gone by quite quickly.