I’m in a really good mood tonight. Here are some reasons why:
1. The pleasant soreness in my legs from the long run I went on earlier this evening.
2. The thunderstorm happening outside right now. It makes me feel less guilty about being up at 2:00 am.
3. My walk across campus through the thunderstorm and pouring rain to my girlfriend’s dorm, so I could sleep on her futon. It wasn’t as bad as it sounds. The walk was nothing short of Shawshank-ian.
4. The 6 squares of leftover Mabe’s Pizza that I just ate from my girlfriend’s fridge. I’m a firm believer that late-night cold pizza is one of life’s greatest and simplest joys.*
5. The current state of my relationship with my girlfriend. I don’t want to get too sentimental, or whatever, but things are going really well right now. I am very happy about this.
6. This band, which I just discovered. It sounds like a sleazier Mac Demarco (in the best way possible) mixed with Destroyer and Dirty Beaches. If that sentence meant nothing to you, don’t worry. These are mostly weird nerd bands.
7. The cup of tea I just finished. I’m a firm believer that late-night hot beverages are another one of life’s greatest and simplest joys.
8. The prospect of getting a summer internship near my hometown that I am applying for. It would mostly involve boring office work, but I’d make a lot of money and work a lot of hours, which is ideal because I tend to get very bored in the summer. I also need to make some money.
9. Two of my biggest assignments this semester happened last week, and even though neither of them went THAT well, at least I don’t have to worry about them anymore.
10. I switched my major from music to Communication Studies. I may write another blog post specifically about this, but for now I’ll just say that I couldn’t be happier about this decision. I know that I’m making the right choice for myself, and I’m pretty sure most of my motivation problems lately have had to do with my music major.
Time to go to bed. Life is good, and everything is fine.
*I’m only joking a little bit. Pizza rules.